Alright, so I've been "tagged" for two of these, and since I haven't posted anything today I figured I'd crank both of these out in one post, and say "tag" to anyone who hasn't already done one, I won't name names do one if you want to.First tag is from Flixchatter who tagged me for the 10 Movie Facts About Me.
1. I've had my picture taken with one "celebrity" and that was Wil Wheaton at the only Star Trek convention I have ever attended. Unfortunately I no longer know where that picture is :( Also got an autograph from Michael Dorn (Worf) and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) which are the only autographs I have.
2. I'd rather watch Return ! To Oz than The Wizard of Oz. Yes I know that's blasphemous but what I can say, I hate musicals and Return To Oz supposedly sticks to the actual book series with it's creepy vibes. Plus it's a cool looking film in general, a lot more fantasy than The Wizard of Oz. I simply overlook the fact that Dorthy was younger looking in the "sequel", even though Judy Garland was too old to be playing Dorthy in the original.
3. I've rarely seen any "classics". To me classics are limited to the action adventure / science fiction films such as Back to the Future, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. So part of the reason I started the 1001 Movie Club was to rectify that.
4. I'm a big Indian! a Jones fan, so much so I own a bunch of "screen accurate gear! ", inclu ding a pair of Alden boots, a Wested Leather Jacket, and an Adventurebilt Fedora (which was hand made by the guy who made the hats for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull). Someday I'll buy a nice whip.
5. My favorite OST soundtrack would be a toss up between Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven.
6. Favorite actor is Russell Crowe (duh), next in line would be Harrison Ford, then Sean Connery. Favorite director would be Ridley Scott, followed by Ron Howard. Favorite actress is a little harder because it usually changes from time to time, currently I'd say Eva Green with Kate Beckinsale, Naomi Watts, Rachel McAdams and Keira Knightley somewhere behind.
7. I became enthused about B-movies and Hammer Horror only recently after watching a film called Nightmare Castle. I was so enamored by the lovely Helga Line that I started looking up more of her films which were Spanish horrors, Euro-spy and Spaghetti Westerns that opened up a can of worms which lead to B-movies in general and my discovery and now near infatuation with the British film company Hammer.
8. I'm not a fan of animated films, CGI or otherwise, probably because I associate them with cartoons and being in elementary school. Ironically enough I still love Duck Tales and Alice In Wonderland (1951) is my favorite animated film, but that's where I draw the line.
9. I can't stand Scarlett Johansso! n, I think she's incredibly "blah", only film I liked her in w! as Th e Island, she hardly had any lines and just had to look good, which by the way I don't really find her to be THAT hot either (though she is in the picture I've chosen).
10. Favorite theme song would have to be from the short lived Television series The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. It's so good that NBC uses it during the Olympics!Okay now time for the next tag from Univarn. This is 7 specific questions:1) What was you first movie-going experience?Honestly I have no idea, the oldest movie I remember seeing in theaters was Doc Hollywood.2) How many DVDs do you own?Too many, but I don't keep count because there really is no reason to do so other than for some form of bragging, which I don't care for.3) What is your guilty pleasure movie?Eh, I have a lot. Off the top of my head I'd say Van Helsing, and Mr. &a! mp; Mrs Smith, simply because they are regarded as bad films by most people.4) You have compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which movies didn't make the cut?No clue. I rarely give movies 10's and don't give out a lot of 9's either so the idea of actually making a top 100 list simply gives me a headache.5) Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again?I don't compulsively watch any film over and over, but the films I've probably watched the most would be Back to the Future, A Christmas Story, School of Rock and Nacho Libre. And that's probably only once a year.6) Classic(s) you're embarrassed to admit you haven't seen yet?All of them, but I'm not embarrassed to admit it, in fact I'm actually quite proud. And more than likely when I finally do get around to seeing them I doubt I'll find them to be that classic.7) What movie posters do you have hanging on your wall?None. Although I still have a Michael ! Jordan and Allen Iverson poster on my wall.All the movie reviews. The best films
No comments:
Post a Comment